Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hard Rain – D7000 video fun …

I was driving back from somewhere during a heck of a rain and thought it might be fun to cover the last mile or so with the D7000 shooting the Tamron 19-35 @19mm (28mm effective) … this lens has proven to be very sharp and have a fairly flat field of focus. I am very pleased with it.

The D7000 was in no particular setting and I simply pressed the live view switch and the record. Then drove the last short distance paying no particular attention to the camera.

I had Cat Power’s “Willie” playing quite loudly on the car stereo, an excellent Alpine iPod deck with a 10” subwoofer banging away, and that adds a nice backdrop to a drive as picked up by the built-in microphones of the D7000. For anything critical, I would use an external recorder like the Tascam DR-05.

Just some fun …

No comments: