Sunday, December 5, 2010

A week in purgatory …

Today is the first day I have felt almost normal in 9 days. At a wedding last weekend, I came up with chills and a fever that were a harbinger of things to come. Pain, extreme weakness, constant urgent demands (‘nuff said) … a cycle that continued for days and days. I slept all day (until 7pm) last Sunday and Monday was hardly better. Couldn’t function at a high enough level to perform any serious work last week … all in all it sucked huge.

So much so that I called my doctor and asked him to call in a prescription for a strong antibiotic, that after trying a 30-day Amoxy treatment a month ago, which obviously failed miserably. So as I said, today I am feeling semi-normal. The Cipro has finally kicked in and I am functioning reasonably well again. I’ve even lost about 10 pounds as a sort of a bonus, assuming that grinding away at your own organs is a bonus.

So I might be able to do a little blogging now …

No comments: