Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sean and Aisling’s Wedding

On 27 November, I attended a very nice wedding of two people that I’ve some to know through Karen. Aisling and Sean are rather young, just starting out and it was such a pleasure to spend this time with them and of course with Karen.

We drove out to the center where it was held and walked across the nice, crisp parking lot with a covering of snow. A bit early this year, but c’est la vie.

I ran late because of a super slow cash machine -- I stopped there because I thought we had another 10 minutes, but was rushed to the room as soon as the transaction finally completed. We were near the front on the left and I had grabbed the F70EXR, thinking it was the F300EXR. This was the first time I noticed that I had no idea where the F300EXR was being held hostage … I found it two weeks later.

So … starting at the beginning .. we sat for a while as the room filled up. It was very nicely decorated, with every single chair covered in a white cloth with a beautiful bow on the back … and don’t ask me what color they are as I have no idea. I am color blind in all spectrums … so pastel pink and blue might as well be the same color to me …

The tables were already set up and sitting along the walls. This is a big room. I love how the late afternoon sun plays off the glassware and dinnerware.

They had a company called Jones Digital Solutions in to shoot the wedding, both still and video. They use Canon equipment (no surprise there with the high-end video available in the pro Canon bodies.) And they use a full-blown video rig … the ultimate toy.

Before I go on, I will embed here a video from Vimeo that they made of clips from the wedding. A 3 minute tour through the whole thing. Very well done in my opinion.

The minister was present and getting things ready.

The groomsmen arrived and set up.

I was still looking around the room and marveling at the details. The chairs blew me away, as thee covers worked extremely well.

I also really liked the tables. Great looking, especially with the light streaming in.

Now … despite all the light streaming in onto the tables, the other end of the room was not lit very well. Shooting at fairly high ISO against an area with little light and trying to capture so many dark suits is a recipe for pain. I often had to switch out to black and white to get something usable. Here, Sean enters on his mother’s arm with his father following. (If I did not get that right, someone please inform me quickly.)

It is possible that Sean spots me here while I shoot the videographer, the minister, Sean and a couple of his groomsmen.

The bride’s party begins to walk the aisle …

And Aisling enters the room on her mother’s arm.

I catch a peek between heads and people wanting to take a picture.

This one did not turn out very sharp at all … but with a little Photoshop, I think I like it anyway.

And the ceremony begins.

The bridesmaids with the minister.

And the other half of an almost panorama … Aisling, Sean and the groomsmen.

It continues …

A reading …

A nice shot of Aisling and Sean …

A pair of shots of the ring exchanges …

You may kiss the bride …

Lighting the unity candle …

Reassembled again … just about done.

Signature time …

That last one was a crop and it show. Still … acceptable at small web sizes.

The march back out … Sean and Aisling lead the way.

Someone is tired Smile

The next thing we knew, we had all been shepherded outside for pictures. An interesting idea, but frankly I froze my nuts off.

The bride arrives, train in hand … but not hers.

Who watches the watchers?

Lots of very cold people …

And back inside … brrrrr … for formals by the fireplace.

Got a very lucky shot as Aisling tried to relax for a moment …

Eventually, I wandered back into the main room and it was all set up. Wow … very nice.

The cake was gorgeous. The little bride and groom had broken and were hiding behind the cake …

The head table … lots of people there …

As I wandered about, I came across a young man playing with some toys that seemed to pop up at the reception. Perhaps to help keep the kids occupied. This one was a very bright sets of lights worn like a ring. Cool …

The tables look pretty impressive. Ten people per table and it did not feel crowded.

The candy was a nice touch.

We find our seats one table over … with cute little hearts on the tags. There were different ones on peoples’ name tags, I believe related to your choice of meal. Karen and I went with the beef.

And speaking of Karen … lovely as always …

Time to light the candles, as the outside light is fading fast …

Yes, I’m still hung up on details …

And then we had dinner … inexplicably not recorded on digital film by me at all.

But then the lights were turned way down and it was time for the first dance …

And that is all I shot.

My best wishes to Aisling and Sean for a fantastic partnership for life …

No comments: