Thursday, July 29, 2010

Who buys this stuff?

At the very top of each field, there is equipment that would be labeled “to die for” by anyone who is used to the cheap stuff that most of us buy. What I mean is, you can buy a camera body for over 10 grand, you can buy a TV for over 10 grand, you can buy cars for almost a million … but nowhere is this carried to greater heights than in high end Audio. Analog still rules in high end Audio and I for one do know how nice it can sound with the right source material.

But I have to wonder who would buy a turntable that costs $57,000 USD and is installed in your house by the two original designers (included in price.) I mean, where does that kind of money come from … the people have to match such a beast with thousand dollar interconnects (that’s patch cords to most of us) and multi-thousand dollar speaker wire and of course a hundred grand of amplifiers, preamplifiers, phono preamplifiers and speakers …

It blows my mind and I must say that I want this stuff :-)

Subscribe to the absolute sound magazine at AVGuide.com if you want to see reviews of this stuff regularly. The turntable I am talking about is stunning to look at and I am quite sure stunning to listen to …

Walker Proscenium Black Diamond Mk II Record Player

tas200,page102(1)[1]

No comments: