Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Tiny Horses

I went out with a good friend for dinner the day after my birthday on Monday evening. She treated me to a wonderful Indian meal at Haveli on the Market and we grabbed the end of the patio to ourselves to make room for the lovely spread they gave us. Channa (Chick Peas in a hot Masala curry) and Daal (black Lentils in a milder curry), papadums, mushroom basmati, and a wonderful Garlic Naan bread. A Cabernet for her and a Merlot for me and it was quite wonderful.

While chatting (for hours), we suddenly noticed this hysterical buckboard the size of a toy box with two tiny horses (ponies I presume, although I am much more used to seeing the bulky Shetland variety) pulling it with a couple of youngsters riding along. It was surreal. The iPhone is always handy and managed to score this shot just after they went by ...

No comments: